TriCaster’s Tally Light support allows you to connect external tally lights and similar devices. These typically provide a red LED for the video input that is currently selected on the Switcher’s Program row.
- 3Plays and TriCaster Mini does not have Tally feature.
- TriCasters use a 15 pin VGA connector and only support PGM tally.
- Very old TriCasters use a 1/4" jack and support PGM and PVW tally.
Pin 1 - LED1
Pin 2 - LED2
Pin 3 - LED3
Pin 4 - LED4
Pin 5 - LED5
Pin 6 - LED6
Pin 7 - LED7
Pin 8 - LED8
Pin 9 - GND
Pin 10 - GND
Pin 11 - GPI1
Pin 12 - GPI2
Pin 13 - NC
Pin 14 - 3.3V (20 Ohms current limit)
Pin 15 - NC
- LED5-8 are only on 8-input models only
- Pins 1-(4 or 8) are ‘hot’ when the LED should be illuminated.
- Each LED pin 1 (4 or 8) has a 200 ohm current limiting resistor inside TriCaster.
- With no load (open circuit) the LED pins can reach 5V. With a typical LED load, they can be expected to reach about 3V.
- To prevent damage to TriCaster’s components when making external connections to the tally light jacks, care should be taken that connection to Pins designated GND (Ground) are always at ground potential.
LiveTally Converter - voltage controlled to closed contacts adapter cable: http://m.3dstorm.com/en/livexpert/livetally-converter
The pin layout is as follow:
PIN 1 => CAM 1
PIN 2 => CAM 2
PIN 8 => CAM8
PIN 9 et 10 for ground
Windows Configuration Utility: http://jlcooper.com/_downloads/ebox/eBox_Configuration_Utility.zip
The eBOX is really just a GPI breakout box for the TriCaster system. The eBOX simply receives GPI commands from TriCaster to set the GPI outputs. In the reverse direction, the eBOX detects changes on the GPI inputs and informs the TriCaster system. All of the programming and behavior is configured in the TriCaster system.
TriCaster Adapter Cables: http://www.tally-lights.com/products/tricaster-adapters
Tally Light Systems for TriCasters: http://www.metasetz.com/tally-light-systems-tricaster/