If your control surface (CS) is faulty, you can try the following:
1. Swap cables
2. Swap USB ports
3. If CS has separate power cable, check the fuse. There is a spare fuse kept in a compartment in the fuse socket.
5. Check Device Manager
· Plug the CS into the TriCaster, and then exit to Windows.
· Next, go to Start > right-click on Computer > select Device Manager.
· From there, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers > right-click on USB Serial Converter > select Uninstall > do not check "delete driver software" > click ok.
· Unplug the CS from the TriCaster, wait a few moments and then plug it back in. USB Serial Converter should reappear.
· Launch a session and see if the buttons light up.